TRAINING: WATER TREATMENT
PROCESS : Pure fluids
Target : Expert / Intermediate
DURATION : 7 hours
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PER SESSION : from 5 to 7 people
Paid training :
Prices on request
Water chemistry: properties and contaminants
- What do we find in water (chemistry, microbiology...) ?
- A few definitions: conductivity, TOC, pH, TH, biofilm
Pharmaceutical industry needs
- Different levels of water quality (EP (European Pharmacopoeia); USP (United States Pharmacopeia))
- Matching water with production (PW, HPW, EPPI)?
- Choosing your normative references
Water treatment and purification
- Pre-treatment: coagulation, flocculation, filtration, chlorination, dechlorination, iron removal, softening.
- Membrane separation
- Further treatments: UV, O3,
- Ion Exchange (Resin types, regenerations, uses)
- Reverse Osmosis: principle, membranes, implementation
- Multiple effect or thermo-compression distillation
- How to define a loop: from the user needs to the producer (flow, consumption, scheduling, recirculation, hot and cold loops, storage ...)
- Type of equipment used (tank, valves, pumps, pipes, online/offline heat exchangers, ...)
- Loop mechanics (pressure control, flow control)
- In-line measurements (flow, temperature, speed, Reynolds, TOC ...)
- Maintaining clean and bacteriological states: rouging, biofilm.
Room with projector
Evaluation and course completion certificate
Validation of training module